“The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes – or just by staring into space.”
Everyone has heard ‘A picture is worth a thousand words,’ well, what images say romance to you?
candles and a bath tub?
What other images should we add to the list?
If you are looking for just the right words to sweep your Valentine off their feet, maybe these will give you inspiration:
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then, doesn’t hurt.” Charles M. Schulz
- “A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.” Rupert Brooke
- “We are most alive when we’re in love.” John Updike
- “How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said.” Victor Hugo
- “You are always new, the last of your kisses was ever the sweetest.” John Keats
- “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” George Edward Moore
I found these quotes at BrainyQuote.com. To find more inspiration, check them out for additional quotes.
Wishing everyone a loving Valentine’s Day!
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? When you dream of your wedding does it include black dresses and orange flowers? Surprisingly, there are quite a number of people who want to add a little hauntedness into their nuptials.
Here are some ideas to make your wedding into a Halloween wedding?
Saying Your Vows in a Haunted Location
Consider having your wedding at the Stanley Hotel in Colorado (the hotel from the movie, The Shining) or Hotel Provincial in New Orleans that used to be a Confederate hospital. You may have some uninvited spirits attending your nuptials.
Get Married by Dracula
Imagine standing up before Count Dracula and all your zombie friends to pledge your commitment to your spouse. If you don’t want Dracula, consider Frankenstein or another ghostly spirit.
Have a Holiday Themed Wedding Dress
Wedding gowns do not need to always be white. Consider a flowing blood-red gown, a black gown with white or cream-colored lace or even throw caution to the wind and wear a tuxedo.
Check out these sites for great dress ideas:
Let your imagination go wild and incorporate the spooky theme into the decorations, food and flowers. The sky is the limit 🙂
Show scary movies at your reception 🙂 click to read My 4 Fav All Time Scary Movies
Have you ever been to a Halloween wedding? What did you like best about it?
Since my wedding anniversary was this month, I’ve been thinking about marriage and just what it takes to go the distance. My husband and I married 31 years ago on a hot, sunny July morning with all our family and friends around us.
We have had our fair share of joys and sorrows through those 31 years, just like everyone else but we’ve endured and are in a pretty good spot in our lives. It seems nowadays that people jump into relationships too quickly and give up too easily when things get difficult.
Here are some things I’ve learned over the years:
- You have to let go of your pet peeves. When you let little things such as folding towels a certain way or leaving cupboard doors open blow into full-fledged fights, you spend too much valuable time arguing. Remember, life is short and you never know what may happen tomorrow.
- You have to be truthful with each other. I’m not talking about the white lies you tell to save someone from being embarrassed about their clothes or speech. I’m talking about if you ran into your old boyfriend/girlfriend and had lunch, you should mention it to your mate. Better that it comes out casually than if it is found out later and it looks like you tried to keep it a secret.
- You have to be considerate of each other’s feelings. Although you may feel it’s silly to be afraid of the dark, your mate does not and if you want them to be considerate of your fear of spiders then you better leave that nightlight on 🙂
- You have to learn to forgive. Everyone makes mistakes and if you truly love someone you will be willing to give them another chance. Don’t worry, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. But neither mate should take advantage of this action or it will snowball into a larger problem.
So, let’s hear it for those who haven’t given up! Romance and marriage take work but are sooooo worth the effort.
How long have you been married?