How ‘Empty Nesting’ Can Boost Romance
Posted by ddominikwickles
My husband and I are experiencing ’empty nesting’ with our younger son now off to college with his own apartment and roommates. Even though empty nesting comes with all the predicted emotions of grief and loneliness, you and your spouse can use this time to concentrate on being a couple and jack up the heat in your romance.
Here’s just a few things you can do with the house to yourself:
- Make dinner, candlelight affairs with no shop talk or complaining. See what new things you can discover about your partner.
- Take a long, leisurely bath with dual sponges to massage away the day’s troubles.
- Spend the day naked, or at least almost naked, whatever you’re comfortable in.
- Find a hobby you can both share such as target shooting, hiking, painting or maybe even square dancing. Just spending time together doing something pleasurable will give you something to talk about, besides the kids.
- Take a romantic getaway, even if it’s only overnight. Get a plush hotel room with a Jacuzzi tub. Go camping in the woods and snuggle together in sleeping bags. Marvel at the awesome Niagara Falls, one of the world’s best honeymoon destinations. It doesn’t matter where you go, just make every trip a mini-honeymoon.
I’m sure you get the idea and can come up with hundreds of your own ideas.
Read 6 Tips For a Year of Romance for more ideas.
Be sure to tell me what you have experienced with empty nesting and romance.